6 Things to do to support immigrant neighbors
1. Put up a sign stating that everyone is welcome (attached). Download and print the signs from this website: https://www.welcomeyourneigh
2. Join the Michigan Immigrants Rights Center newsletter. Stay up to date and be an ally when anti-immigrant legislation comes up: http://michiganimmigrant.o
3. Sign-up for a KNOW YOUR RIGHTS training! – https://docs.google.com/form
4. HOST a Know Your Rights (KYR) session at your school, church, or neighborhood and invite as many as you can!
5. Share these videos from MIRC:
Spanish and English video of our 5 minute community education videos. Some folks have been showing this video in small groups and then having discussion with copies of our guide. Here are the links to those videos:
MIRC made a 20 minute English “train the trainers” video as a companion to our popular “Preparing Your Family for Immigration Enforcement” guide. Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?
6. JOIN THE ACLU!! They need support and volunteers! https://action.acl
(AHEM! 7. Others are wondering what they can do, so post what you are doing on FB and share this email every couple of weeks with others!)